Thursday, September 1, 2011

Finally the Summer Wholesale Season is Over…

Dear followers I like to share with you my experience during the wholesale Summer Shows I attended. Evelyn Brooks Designs was accepted and maintained a booth at the Buyer’s Market of American Craft (BMAC) in Baltimore. Overall it is been a great experience. I have heard that during the Summer show there was not much traffic but I can not tell you for sure cause’ this is only my third wholesale show with BMAC.

I think as a new wholesaler things are much harder than they use to be. We have to prove ourselves that our jewelry is worthwhile in new venues and that final clients will buy them.

Luckily I have continued to build relations with my exciting wholesale accounts and the Buyer's Market of American Craft has give us the opportunity to meet with new clients.

IMG_1207

Our Booth During the Buyer’s Market of American Craft in Baltimore

IMG_1198

Beginning October you will be able to find Evelyn Brooks Designs at the National Building Museum in Washington DC, The Baltimore Museum of the Art in Maryland, Gallery Five in Tequesta (Florida) and we are also finalizing details with two other museums that will be carrying my jewelry line.

IMG_4305

The Nazka Collections

My suggestion to new jewelry designers embarking onto the wholesale world is mainly BE PATIENT. Results will not come to you as quickly as you think. If they do ,CONSIDER YOURSELF REALLY LUCKY. Also you should know some accounts will only pay you 30 days after you have delivered your order.

I would recommend to inform your wholesale accounts how soon you can turn in orders during Christmas season. If your turn around is quick ,you may land a lot of last minute orders.

I also visited the New York Gift Show. Why you may ask? Because, I definitely want to be part of it. I certainly wanted to have an idea of which pavilion would be the best for my jewelry to be featured. Also, I wanted to talk to some of  the artists exhibiting there. I was lucky enough to see some of my current clients on-site who also gave me their advice about this show.

It was totally worth visiting The New York Gift show. I heard there was a section called THE NEWEST DESIGNERS…located at Pier 92. I actually thought there was a pavilion inside the Javits Center called Pier 92. Not that you have to take a ride bus of about 15 minutes to get to this new section. I honestly did not hear many good things about this new addition. I wish them well to everybody who participated. Hopefully we will be part of the New York Gift Show in 2012.

For wholesale inquiries you can email me at wholesale@ebrooksdesigns.com

IMG_4312

See you in Philadelphia during the 2012 Buyer’s Market of American Craft Red lips

No comments:

Post a Comment